Automated Meter Reading
- It is difficult to accurately measure precise Water and
Gas usage using he traditional manual meter reading process.
- Meters are often located in areas that are difficult to
reach and/or hazardous.
- The meter reader job is very difficult and as a result,
staff turnover is extremely high.
- As a result, Gas and Water bills are often
- To improve service and reduce cost, the City is
implementing an automated meter reading system (AMR) that
connects through the cellular WiFi network.
- This system seamlessly connects residential and business
meters to the City's central computer billing and monitoring
- This system enables the City to accurately read meters
every month, day, or hour.
- The system could automatically detect irregular usage
rates caused by excessive water or gas leakage.
- Consumers can access detailed usage and comparison
reports through online